VW Caddy Maxi
The Volkswagen Caddy Maxi is converted by Bierman WAV for transporting 1 wheelchair passenger. Including wheelchair(passenger), there will be place for max. 5 additional passengers (including driver). Without the wheelchair passenger, there will be place for max. 7 additional passengers (please check legislation in your country if this is allowed).
Types of conversion
The Volkswagen Caddy Maxi is available in 2 different types of conversions:
- Lowered floor complete
- Exhaust modification (stainless steel)
- Original fueltank will be replaced
- Remount middle part of bumper
- Remount original rear 3 seater on 2nd seat row
- Remount original 2 seater on 3rd seat row (optional)
- Two-part long ramp
- 4-point Q-Straint tiedown (ISO 10542) with 3-pointbelt
- Same as Basic-conversion, see above
- Two-part long ramp to be replaced by one-part short ramp
- Airsuspension lowering system
Dependend on the size of the wheelchair(passenger) the following seat-positions are possible:
All our conversions do have 3 years (or 150.000 km) of warranty. As this conversion complies with EWVTCA the standard factory approval of Volkswagen will be maintained.
The Bierman WAV conversion complies to the European Whole Vehicle Type Approval (EWVTCA). This includes type approval of Volkswagen. Because of these approvals it won't be a problem to officially register the conversion in your country.